Located at the southern end of Planinsko Polje not far from Planina Cave.
This late Gothic tower, first attested in 1444, is a surviving remnant of the medieval "Little Castle" that once stood here. The tower takes its name from the 15th-century Ravbar family.
At one time the castle's role was to protect the important road between the Ljubljana Basin and the coast. Ravbar's Tower stands on a rocky outcrop above the head of the valley where the Unica emerges, having flowed underground from Planina Cave. From this rocky prominence, the castle's owners could look out across Planinsko Polje and protect and defend their property.
A Gothic chapel survives on the upper floor of the imposing round tower. Visitors to the tower can also admire the fine star-vaulted ceiling.
Advance booking required for access to the interior of the tower.
+386 (0)41 338 696, +386 (0)41 304 588